Apps corner

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I wanted to test out the apps corner feature but ended up getting stuck and have tried removing the battery and putting it back again to return to the normal mode as the power button on my phone is broken but I am still stuck on apps corner. How do I return to the normal mode?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to test out the apps corner feature but ended up getting stuck and have tried removing the battery and putting it back again to return to the normal mode as the power button on my phone is broken but I am still stuck on apps corner. How do I return to the normal mode?

Plug it in to charge - that should wake the screen up so you can get out of apps corner.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
This might seem a bit odd, but where the power button is, squeeze the case together very tightly (but not enough to break it lol). Apparently that trick can work for broken volume buttons.

elibeach

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem as you. I'm stuck on it and my power buttom is broken, so I cannot find any other way getting my phone back to its original setting.

How did you manage to get off Apps corner?

Thanks

Maciej Glowienka

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
HI!

I had this problem too. The way to get out of App Center is to Press and hold the power button and then press the Camera Button. This will show you a screen, saying you have to swipe right to get out of it. Just swipe right and after a while you'll get back to the default lock screen.

I wanted to try out that feature by setting up just a single app (fresh Paint) in that case. That locked the usage to just that app, so I couldn't even close it.

I think, that feature is OK, but needs a lot of work from MIcrosoft, especially since the startup or exit time is way too long.

Hope this helps.

regards

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
HI!

I had this problem too. The way to get out of App Center is to Press and hold the power button and then press the Camera Button. This will show you a screen, saying you have to swipe right to get out of it. Just swipe right and after a while you'll get back to the default lock screen.

Clearly you did not read/listen to OP and other people with the same problem, that their power button is broken... Also, you only need to hold the power button, there's no need for the camera button.

Anyway, to OP and others, have you tried removing the battery for a prolonged period? I haven't tested it on mine... But it should cause your phone to lose backup/residual charge thereby effectively 'soft resetting' your phone. Unless WPs have a huge reservoir of that backup charge.

EDIT: Nope, that doesn't work. I also tried a bunch of other button combos but... Sorry to say this... You might need to use the Nokia recovery tool if you have a Lumia. Really bad news if it's not. It appears the app corner state is saved as a startup setting (kinda like a bios setting for the PC, but locked at safe mode).

Last edited:

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Is there any other way I can exit apps corner?

Hi, I have the same problem as you. I'm stuck on it and my power buttom is broken, so I cannot find any other way getting my phone back to its original setting.
How did you manage to get off Apps corner?
Thanks

If you didn't have the "phone app" included in the app center, try having someone call your phone number. Maybe it will cause it to revert to normal mode to make the call available?... Hmmm.

Another would be to connect the phone to a PC via USB. In normal mode this pulls up the unlocking number pad (if you have a password). I'll test in a while if it will revert it to normal mode.

To me this screams of lack of foresight on the part of the WP team. They should have put another way to exit, and also some other ways (a.k.a. redundancies) to shut down, standby, and pull down the volume sliders when the power/volume button fails.

elibeach

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the choices but unfortunately none of those options worked,
I've opted for the nokia recovery tool, which deletes all my stuff but oh well, if there isn't any other option then this seems like the only way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes