Non-native Apps won't open.

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I did an OS update last night (Developer Preview for 8.1, OS Version 8.10.14147.180 and a Nokia Lumia 822) and now my apps will not open. I get the following error message:

"Problem with app

There's a problem with [insert app name]. First, try to buy the app. If that doesn't work, you'll need to uninstall the app and then install it again."

Anyone else having any problems? Any advice? It is happening on almost all apps. I didn't try them all yet, but haven't found one that works...

I've reinstalled an app twice and it still doesn't work....

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Check if your time and date is correct, manually adjust them if you have to.
If that doesn't work reboot your phone
If that doesn't work try hard resetting by going to 'about' in the settings and going to reset my phone.
If that doesn't work do the same as above but don't restore your backup
If that doesn't work roll back to 8.0
If that doesn't work then I'm afraid your Smartphone... is now a Dumbphone :eek:

jpmackie

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Check if your time and date is correct, manually adjust them if you have to.
If that doesn't work reboot your phone
If that doesn't work try hard resetting by going to 'about' in the settings and going to reset my phone.
If that doesn't work do the same as above but don't restore your backup
If that doesn't work roll back to 8.0
If that doesn't work then I'm afraid your Smartphone... is now a Dumbphone :eek:

OP Here. Thanks. I will try the hard reset after I get home from work. Nothing up to that point worked. Native apps still work fine (phone calls, texting, etc). I even get toast notification on apps like words with friends (and the live tile updates). I am not a happy camper.

I am starting to wonder if I am having an SD card issue??? Most of my apps are installed on it.

EDIT - the Games Hub is getting the same error and that is a native app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes