Is it possible to add a member to microsoft account?

Berto450

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
So I have ordered a 930 to replace my wife's iphone 4s.
I currently have a 1020 - and love it !
Can I add a member to Microsoft account or do I need to
create a whole new account for her? I don't actually have the 930 yet
but would like to have the account side of things sorted for when it arrives.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The question is, what you're actually trying to achieve. You can of course use your very own MS account on your wife's new device. This way she could install every single app you've ever purchased on your account. But this also means, that she'd get all your email and so on. Not sure if you'd really want that.
My wife and our two oldest kids use WP too, each of 'em has his/her very own account. The kids' accounts are setup as child accounts of mine though so that I have a little control over what they can install and what not.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
One reason why I no longer have a windows phone. Wife didn't want to share an account, just as store account. I didn't want to share contacts and having text backup.. Now both on iOS And wish windows phone were the same as android and iOS when it comes to family accounts

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't see why such a "feature" should be supported. If I could create accounts that could install and use every single app I have ever purchased, it would mean a huge cut in earning for devs. So from the perspective of a dev, I'm happy MS does not support something like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes