Best Weather App

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I currently have The Weather Channel app on the phone but was going to load something different and wonder what you all like best for a weather app?

Thanks

Enuniq

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I use amazing weather HD for the lock screen and Atmosphere (has an amazing UI, great metro/flat design) free trial for live tile

(currently, I'm testing out the locks screen beta app actually)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've used pretty much every single weather app in the store. Each had its advantages as well as disadvanteges. I've never found a single app, that made me go "Wow, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!"
That was until I discovered Appy Weather. Hands down the most beautiful UI I've ever seen. It offers everything you need to know at a single glance. And if you want some more detailed information, it's right there at your finger tips. Not to mention the beautiful live tile. :) I admit, it's not the cheapest one out there, but in my opinion it's well worth the 3 bucks. You might wanna check it out. :) Appy Weather | Windows Phone Anwendungen + Spiele Store (Deutschland)

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I've used pretty much every single weather app in the store. Each had its advantages as well as disadvanteges. I've never found a single app, that made me go "Wow, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!"
That was until I discovered Appy Weather. Hands down the most beautiful UI I've ever seen. It offers everything you need to know at a single glance. And if you want some more detailed information, it's right there at your finger tips. Not to mention the beautiful live tile. :) I admit, it's not the cheapest one out there, but in my opinion it's well worth the 3 bucks. You might wanna check it out. :) Appy Weather | Windows Phone Anwendungen + Spiele Store (Deutschland)
Just tried Appy Weather and very impressed...thanks for the tip 😊

Bardi Golriz

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
For anyone trying Appy Weather and on 1.0.0.2, there is a 1.0.0.3 update on its way fixing the issue where changing to any location would always return the weather for the first location on the "Locations" page. Rookie mistake.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Exactly the same sentiments here. In fact, I still have 31 apps installed in my L1020, 6 are pinned to my start screen while the others are "just there", not running in the background but I'm waiting for updates to them. But among the 6 pinned weather apps, Appy Weather is surely one of the best ones I've seen. I mean, in addition to what dKp1977 said, it has the "accuracy" of forecast.io and the reliability of toast notifications for precipitation and/or snow - the only app that has these two so far! The toast notifications is a recent update (just within 24 hours before this posting).

In addition to Appy Weather, Prognoza, Weather To-Go and Weathr are also nice because of both their accuracy (for my location at least) and the option to receive toast notifications for weather conditions/severe weather alerts. You may want to check these out, too :grin:

Bardi Golriz

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same sentiments here. In fact, I still have 31 apps installed in my L1020, 6 are pinned to my start screen while the others are "just there", not running in the background but I'm waiting for updates to them. But among the 6 pinned weather apps, Appy Weather is surely one of the best ones I've seen. I mean, in addition to what dKp1977 said, it has the "accuracy" of forecast.io and the reliability of toast notifications for precipitation and/or snow - the only app that has these two so far! The toast notifications is a recent update (just within 24 hours before this posting).

In addition to Appy Weather, Prognoza, Weather To-Go and Weathr are also nice because of both their accuracy (for my location at least) and the option to receive toast notifications for weather conditions/severe weather alerts. You may want to check these out, too :grin:

Oh wow. Clearly you've done your research, and so for you to have this opinion on Appy Weather is extremely encouraging!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon