Loss of reception=Loss of LTE?

Dkbags

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I do not get reception at work so when I leave my phone in this area and then go back to an area with reception I have lost my LTE signal and I am stuck with the E signal only. To get the LTE back I either have to restart my phone or turn on Airplane mode and turn it back on. Is this a common problem? Is it Windows Phone? Or is it ATT? I have had this problem with the Lumia 920, Lumia 900, and Samsung Focus Flash. This also means i do receive text messages until a text is sent to me then all the text messages come all at once.

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
This may or may not help you but if you go to the phone dialer, type in ##3282#, go to settings at the bottom, you can choose what bands your phone uses manually.

I get E at my house with 2 bars of 4G. Because the Edge network has better reception it keeps switching between the two dropping calls in the process. So I ensure 3G network only is enabled. 4G is technically 3.9G and HSDPA is just two bands of 3G. So if you get LTE you would enable 4G only.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
what band uses ATT for LTE 4G? i have same problem but is not the phone, or coverage is the signal, the higher bands 2.600 MHZ-2.100 MHZ and others higher bands have serious problems to reach coverage in indoor environments , in fact i have tested in an good coverage area the 4G in my case in Chile with Movistar and a Nokia Lumia 820 y outside between 2 buildings have 3 bars of signal and the speed is 22,17Mbps but entering to the building the 4G signal fades and just get 3G signal.

the reason of the odd phenomenon can be explained because to an higher band uses a QAM (Quadrature Amplitude Modulation) higher ie QAM 256 which also allow higher payloads or speeds but the sacrifice is in coverage in indoor situations with strong electric impulsive noise, and multipath which the higher bands can not manage, in Chile we uses LTE 2.600 MHZ asiatic band but also are trying of make avalaible the 700MHZ band for indoor reception, an specie of backup band if you enter to your home to enjoy LTE on your phone.

i resume is not the coverage of your provider many times the same band used is the responsible of indoor poor or non existent coverage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes