the text suggestions update for this keyboard didn't download successfully

shreyas989

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
hello,
i have Lumia 920 and downgraded my phone to install 8.0 to update i to cyan, since i finished all the procedures, now i can't install languages and keyboard.any help?

Raesu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Something weird happened to my 8.1 DP with GDR1 1020, so I hard reset the phone. All things went well and I restored my backup. However, now I cannot download keyboards either (today!), nor language packs. I have tried soft resetting, setting in a different language, different keyboards, doesn't matter. After "preparing for download" it just says "requires attention", i tap and "The text suggestions update for this keyboard didn't download successfully". Any ideas??

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here on my 930, thought it was just me!! I asked on other threads and got no answer lol I downgraded again and it worked on stock cyan with 8.1, then upgraded and it didn't again so is definitely the update 1 update

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Same here, 920 8.1 "Update (DP)".
Everyone above did a clean install of 8.1 (back from 8.1 "Update (DP)" to 8.1 to get Cyan using Nokias tool) and then upgraded to 8.1 Update DP again before installing the keyboard(s) in question?
I'm about to downgrade again to 8.1 using the Nokia Recovery tool. See if I can install the keyboard on plain 8.1 and then only after upgrade again to 8.1 "Update (DP)". Lets hope this time the backup actually works, last time it just remembered the list of apps I had on my phone and nothing else.

nunoliveira

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Can't download any text suggestions nor other speech languages using brand new lumia 925 with fully updated 8.1DP... Tried setting to different regions and all but still can't have other language than UK one (default).

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone solved this? Can't install spanish keyboard. In fact, I can't install any keyboard that requires download. I have a 920 with cyan (installed via nokia software recovery tool) + the last update from developer preview

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I was finally able to install the spanish keyboard. I restored again my phone to 8.1 using the nokia software recovery tool, then tried to install the keyboard and succeeded. I guess the developer preview is to blame here. I'm going to install the 8.1.1 preview now and I guess it will work just fine. Hope it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6