W8.1 Cortana UK language

W

WPCentral Question

hi all,

yesterday I reset my Nokia Lumia 925 with W8.1 and Cortana working with UK language. Since the reinstall including data migration etc, I cannot get Cortana to work due to a requirement to download English language (region settings etc are all UK)

When I try as prompted, the download fails and states I need speech support (15mb) installed on the phone - but I cannot download this separately nor find on the app store. I tried a reset and install again but no luck

Help please!
C

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
OK managed to get my English UK Language pack installed BUT it was a time consuming job.

Firstly I tried downloading new keyboards, different languages etc but none would download.

Then tried a hard reset but the issue was still the same.

Next I decided to roll back to official WP8.1/cyan (so no dev preview) by using Nokia Software Recovery tool.

When setting the phone up I didn't restore any backups & therefore went with a fresh install.

Going into the speech settings I tapped on the English UK language pack & it stated "downloading language" for a couple of minutes then it went through the process of the spinning cogs etc.

Everything was working fine with the phone so this morning I installed the dev preview & Cortana is working perfectly.

So I'm not sure whether it was not restoring a backup or maybe getting the language file to download before going to dev preview that actually sorted the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk