Configure MMS APN on Verizon HTC One (M8)

W

WPCentral Question

I'm using the Verizon Wireless version of the HTC One (M8) for Windows on T-Mobile's network. Phone calls and SMS texts worked right off the bat. Internet access worked once I entered in the fast.t-mobile.com Internet APN. I'm getting LTE connections with T-Mobile from this device, which is great!

I can't get visual voicemail or MMS to work, though. Visual Voicemail can be turned on after one or two attempts, but it fails to sync messages from the voicemail server. I'm not real concerned about that as I don't get many voicemails. :)

I would like to get MMS working, though... If I try to send a picture message, for instance, it immediately fails with a message indicating that it can't send media content and I should contact the mobile operator. The "add mms apn" button has been hidden on this device. Unfortunately, HTC's Connection Setup and Nokia/Microsoft's Network Setup apps are not available to be installed to the HTC One M8.

Anyone know of any way to get the MMS working?

phatone17

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I recommend calling/tweeting HTC (which is what I have done and will continue to do). I'd imagine this will get resolved when they push an update for the connection setup app and make it available for the m8...

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the necro bump but I have the same issue, which is weird since all the Nokia phones would have the MMS settings as well but the M8 just doesn't. Hope someone figured it out.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For CDMA devices/service there is an App called Access Point access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) that may not be allowed for your device?

If you are running a SIM try Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings > edit internet APN and edit MMS APN.

If you can not get Visual Voice Mail working, bypass your carrier and sign up for YouMail on the web + ISeeVM for YouMail | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) on your phone. It kicks the snot out of any VVM I've gotten from a carrier. It is feature rich to the point of embarrassing all others.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Access Point is not available for the M8.

Did go to SIM Settings however I only found Internet APN and not MMS APN.

I've contacted HTC about it but it was required by Verizon to block out the MMS APN settings. Which is incredibly stupid. I'm pretty much **** out of luck, unless I contact Verizon and even then they won't help out since this is literally hard coded into the OS, the MMS APN settings aren't there at all.

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am using a 928 as reference here, even with the apn app I cannot get mms to work, Verizon have baked their mms settings into the firmware, The M8 may well be different if ur lucky but I have searched the internet for a solution only to find nothing, Best of luck 😐

shann123

May 21, 2014
Visit site
ShinraCorp and AndyFZ1S did you try installing Access Point via the store link in RumoredNow's post rather than going through the store on your phone? I have an Icon that I have used on Straight Talk and Page Plus and when I bypass the store I can install Access Point, and then I have changed the MMS settings. If you are viewing this on the windows central app, the links don't appear, so just search "access point windows phone" using the search key and it should be the top result. There's a thread in the Icon forum titled something like "Icon on Straight Talk" with a little more info.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
ShinraCorp and AndyFZ1S did you try installing Access Point via the store link in RumoredNow's post rather than going through the store on your phone? I have an Icon that I have used on Straight Talk and Page Plus and when I bypass the store I can install Access Point, and then I have changed the MMS settings. If you are viewing this on the windows central app, the links don't appear, so just search "access point windows phone" using the search key and it should be the top result. There's a thread in the Icon forum titled something like "Icon on Straight Talk" with a little more info.

I did use the link that RumouredNow gave and it really says Not Available for your Device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk