Lumia 1020 cyan update. Not getting MMS.

W

WPCentral Question

I have an unlocked AT&T Lumia 1020 on tmobile. I got the 8.1 update using the developers review. Yesterday Morning i got the official update to 8.1. Everything worked fine but when I tried to send a picture I couldn't. I thought it was my APN settings, but the settings did not change. Everything is the same, I've been searching for a possible solution but I can't find anything. This is so frustrating.

LTE works fine, the only thing is the msm. Does anyone have the same problem?

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Same here, but with AT&T (locked) 1020. After the update I had blank MMS APN settings and can't receive or send MMS. When I configure APN according to AT&Ts website I still am not able to send or receive.

tessmasters

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here, but with the AT&T locked Lumia 1020 on the StraightTalk service. Worked fine until I installed the new 8.1 update, and now no MMS texting and also not able to receive texts that were sent to me as a group or more than one person and not able to send texts to more than one person...... Please advise....

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here, but with the AT&T locked Lumia 1020 on the StraightTalk service. Worked fine until I installed the new 8.1 update, and now no MMS texting and also not able to receive texts that were sent to me as a group or more than one person and not able to send texts to more than one person...... Please advise....
Go to Settings - Cellular / Sim - Sim setting and add this to the apn and mms:

Internet APN:
APN: tfdata
Username: blank
Password: blank
Proxy server (URL): blank
Proxy port: blank

MMS APN:
APN: tfdata
Username: blank
Password: blank
Proxy (or MMSC) address mms3.tracfone.com
Proxy port: 80
MMSC address http://mms-tf.net

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
here's what fixed it for me:

1. settings, Network+
2. popup message saying to apply system update the phone needs to be restarted. Hit ok.
3. After restart, MMS appeared.

I didn't have to create special APN profiles. Wierd.

jhovesen

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue on my newly purchased Lumia 1520.
I got the MMS APN settings from AT&T's website. Prefixed WAP Gateway with the same prefix as MMSC, and changed IP type to IPv4. That fixed my issue, thank you kmok, you put me on the right track!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99