Help choosing next phone, please.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I currently am the proud owner of a Lumia 1020. I love the powerful camera. However, I realise there are a fair few hardware features coming up soon which won't make it to the 1020. I'm due an upgrade in 2 months but I'm upset to see today that there is no new flagship phone from Microsoft. I've looked into the HTC One but I have my doubts over some of its features and obviously it could well lag behind in firmware feature development compared to the Lumia line.

Should I wait for a high level flagship or do you think they're far enough out I should settle for a 930/1520 or HTC?

(Damn you for cancelling McLaren, Microsoft)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You know, it's pretty much impossible to decide for someone else, or even help to make a decision. Just because my habits, expectations, experiences may differ from yours. But from my point of view, the 1520 is an amazing device. I've never used a 930 or an M8 though, so I can't judge about them. I've been using many HTC phones before making the switch to Nokia, and I've honestly never looked back. Knowing the specs of the 930, I'd much prefer the 1520, because it supports Glance, is a lightweight - considered the size of course - an last not least: I love the 6" display, which perfectly fits in my hands. It's a joy to use.
You could of course wait for the next flagship, but if you do it this time, why wouldn't you decide the very same when the next flagship is released? :) As of now, it doesn't look like there'll be a real new flagship coming from MS before spring 2015. The 1520 has already made some serious drops in price, so I'd say you can't go wrong with it. :)

Aryan Salooja

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I think that u must first try the 830....... Because first of all, they are the latest ones with the Lumia Denim firmware which is good for pics, video and other camera related works...... Secondly, it's look is somewhat nice than than the big 1520 and is slim also. You can ask try the 930 if you want a high-end Lumia but I would suggest to take a look first at the 830....... Even 730.....

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I might see if I can hold out. I'm not really sold on 6" phones but thanks for the heads-up on Glance. I'd forgotten that the 930 doesn't support it, so whilst I'm wary of the 1520, the 930 is automatically a no-go. I love the Glance feature and I'd see phones without anything like that as a bit of a step backwards.

I'm just really disappointed with today's announcement. There's no way I'm going for the 830.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I might see if I can hold out. I'm not really sold on 6" phones but thanks for the heads-up on Glance. I'd forgotten that the 930 doesn't support it, so whilst I'm wary of the 1520, the 930 is automatically a no-go. I love the Glance feature and I'd see phones without anything like that as a bit of a step backwards.

I'm just really disappointed with today's announcement. There's no way I'm going for the 830.

I think the 830 is an interesting device at its price point. It definitely has some nice features. Unfortunately it's not what I considered a flagship device.
The 1520's size is something I was concerned about at first too, especially since I've never been much into the phablet form factor. Well, this dramatically changed when I got my hands on the 1520. It took me about 2 hours to get used to this giant, but I wouldn't want to go back.

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
If I had to pick today I'd probably go with the 830. The M8 looks awesome but I'm not a big HTC fan lately and don't think the camera would meet my expectations.
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa