What is a good Windows 8.1 tablet to get other than a SP3??

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anything cheaper than a SP3 i3 model. So like under $800??

You definitely have a wide variety of options to choose from.

In the 8-inch tablet range, there are quite a lot, typically from ~$200-300 or so and from a variety of manufacturers.
Under the hood, this current generation (dubbed Bay Trail) is the same for the most part, but there's smaller differences between models. ASUS has one with a Wacom digitizer, Dell's Venue 8 Pro can often be found for less and has a proprietary active stylus, and so on.

In the larger full-size iPad, Surface area, I recommend taking a look at the Dell Venue 11 Pro for the most part, which I hold as the most versatile with a swappable battery and various accessories (laptop kb dock, slim kb, desktop dock, etc.) and configurations. (choice of Atom, to a top end Core i7, which might bump up against that $800 ceiling)

If on a budget, the ASUS Transformer T100 has a claim to fame for including a laptop-style keyboard dock in the $300 price tag.

There are some last gen tablets around (thinking of last gen Atoms like the Latitude 10, ThinkPad Tablet 2 - could be wrong on that), but I might hold off on them unless the sheer utility, design, and price outweighs the lesser performance of last gen Clover Trail Atom processors.

elitejedimaster

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Dell Venue Pro 11 for the past few months, and after getting a small wireless keyboard, I've stopped using my laptop and even do my college homework using MS Office without any problems. The only issue I had with it at first was a weird touch screen bug, which was fixed with a firmware update, so if you were to decide on this particular tablet, make sure to update all the drivers and firmware from the Dell site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077