1. singhjay's Avatar
    I'm taking a look at this link and the calendar is in wide mode:

    windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/pin-apps-to-start?ocid=AWE2LIV0414ENUS

    However when I try to resize the calendar app on my phone, it won't seem to take up the entire screen, just 75% leaving 25% left. Is there anyway to enable wide tile support or make certain tiles like the calendar app take up 100% in width?
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    09-07-2014 11:58 AM
  2. xandros9's Avatar
    The 1520 and other devices in its class have a large display, so you are given three columns of space to use instead of the normal two.
    The wide tile = 2/3 tile on your phone.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2014 02:14 PM
  3. RumoredNow's Avatar
    What he said...

    Smaller screens were given the option to "add an extra column" under WP 8.1. Prior to that you could only have 1 large, 2 medium or 4 small tiles in a row. A column = 1 medium width tile. So 8.1 allowed small screens to go from 2 columns to 3 as an option that can be toggled.

    Phablet sized screens (1520 and 1320) launched with WP 8.1 and have 3 columns by default with no option to toggle. I guess the theory is that 2 columns on a 6" screen makes the tiles too large and doesn't allow enough tiles on a screen view (too much scrolling). So, large is as large as it gets for anyone and on 1520 will only ever be 2/3 of a row.
    09-07-2014 02:44 PM

Similar Threads

  1. 1520 the real affordable 'Flashing' phone
    By Jorge Holguin in forum Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 07:58 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 04:10 PM
  3. Nokia Lumia 520 firmware problem
    By WPCentral Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 01:14 PM
  4. How to Purchase Apps from US appstore?
    By GeneralRosh in forum Windows Phone 8.1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 12:39 PM
  5. The BLU Win JR 4-inch Windows Phone is now available for $89 on Amazon
    By WindowsCentral.com in forum Windows Central News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD