After update extras+ info still showing Lumia black

swyrik

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I am updated my Lumia 525 with windows phone 8.1 update 1 by preview for developer's app. After updating my phone still showing the extra +info as Lumia black.i don't know why it is not showing as Lumia cyan. Do you guys have any idea about it

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You will need to downgrade from WP8.1 Developer Preview to Windows Phone 8 using Nokia Software Recovery Tool prior to updating to Cyan.

Windows Phone 8.1 Preview users still need to downgrade their OS in order to get Lumia Cyan | Windows Phone Central

I'd rather play the patience game and wait for the rollout of Cyan for DP users. Microsoft has fixed the Bitlocker issue in the meantime and now it's only a matter of time, until all devices running DP receive the firmware. Okay, time AND carriers. :) Anyways, I definitely prefer waiting for the update instead of flashing my device, hence losing my precious data. ;)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather play the patience game and wait for the rollout of Cyan for DP users. Microsoft has fixed the Bitlocker issue in the meantime and now it's only a matter of time, until all devices running DP receive the firmware. Okay, time AND carriers. :) Anyways, I definitely prefer waiting for the update instead of flashing my device, hence losing my precious data. ;)

I had nothing to lose, since I have all my pictures/documents in OneDrive, and I don't have any music stored locally.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had nothing to lose, since I have all my pictures/documents in OneDrive, and I don't have any music stored locally.

App settings, game progress. Not to mention apps or games you had on your device that are not longer available in the store. Doesn't apply to everyone of course, but for me it's a deal breaker.

I just replied because your post somehow implied that using the Nokia Recovery Tool is the only way to get Cyan. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk