storage sense in memory card

W

WPCentral Question

i use 32 gb samsung memory card in lumia 525.when i copy paste media content from pc windows xp to memory card I saw in storage sense of memory card that the all content shows in OTHER folder.not in VIDEO or MUSIC or PHOTO folder.but music, video and photo playback is good. why this is happening

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it does that, not indexing by category after a copy/paste or drag and drop...

On my Laptop running Widows 8.1, I plugged in and opened Windows Phone App and everything now indexes by category in SD card view on phone... Weird.

That App isn't available to you... Nothing I can find is compatible between your Phone and XP except Windows Explorer (which you are already using... Can you plug into a Win8.1 box? That would fix the minor indexing irritation after WPApp installed on the box.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it does that, not indexing by category after a copy/paste or drag and drop...

On my Laptop running Widows 8.1, I plugged in and opened Windows Phone App and everything now indexes by category in SD card view on phone... Weird.

Good to know! I know it's not a big deal, but that bugged me so much before that I ended up messing with settings,etc and accidentally deleting things in the process (had to reset three times before I got everything back to normal, mostly due to me being hasty and dumb). Funny how little things like that drive us nuts. Thanks for the tip!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Good to know! I know it's not a big deal, but that bugged me so much before that I ended up messing with settings,etc and accidentally deleting things in the process (had to reset three times before I got everything back to normal, mostly due to me being hasty and dumb). Funny how little things like that drive us nuts. Thanks for the tip!

​It irked me too, found the fix by accident.

Get bugged long enough and you stumble on the fix... or stumble into permanent insanity... Bwahahahahahahahahaha...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720