Yatezy

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, there seems to be a problem with my girlfriends Lumia 925 main account.

Every time she tries to get to her emails she keeps getting a page asking her if she has changed the account details. We say yes and it proceeds to a page that allows us to send to a friends account (an account that is no longer in use), send to another email account or type in a 7 digit number.

Whilst this has been going on (for at least a month) she has been able to send and receive emails from the iPad we use. The account on the iPad was added because of this problem.

A month ago we tried accessing her emails using a web browser and sent a verification email to my email, today I've not received anything so went back to her account online and got a 4 digit number sent to her phone by SMS. This has worked and can now access her emails on a web browser but is still greeted by the same page on her Lumia.

I was going to reload her Microsoft account back on to her phone but it looks as if the only way to do that is to hard reset it. Any idea what's going on and if there's a solution without a hard reset?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yatezy

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
No it randomly appeared, as someone had tried to log into her account. The phone just stopped her viewing the emails although she kept getting notifications of new emails. Wouldn't allow us to view her emails through a web browser either.

That's when we set up her account on the iPad and it seemed to work fine for some reason.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
That is strange if you are getting notifications the phone must be connected at some level. Unless someone else chips in with a better idea then once you can smoothly log in to the email account on the web I would do a hard reset. Not ideal I know but if you are on 8.1 I believe it is now less painful than it used to be. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo