New Windows Phone user. Help needed

GelvinGSM

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

I have convinced my cousin, residing in US, to try out a Windows Phone. It was one heck of a job but I finally did it. He's going to get a new Windows Phone, probably Icon, by Monday or Tuesday from Verizon. The problem is, he has no idea how it works. He's a MAC user since forever. He has never used a Windows desktop before so it's a bit hard to make him understand everything so quick. The other problem is, well, I live in Pakistan and he lives in USA. I can guide him a lot about the phone but time zone conflicts...

So I need help from you guys. Is there any guide to use Windows Phone 8.1 made by any member for extreme beginners. Like how to use Windows Phone, advices, best camera app, setting custom wallpapers and you know, other customization stuff. I haven't searched anything yet because of the lack of time and how quick it all happened. He was going for Android because of customization but I have however convinced him to try out a Windows Phone. Well, he's kinda tired with iTunes....

So, please if there is any thread, do help me out by posting the links here. I will be really really thankful to all of you lovely fellas.

-Gelvin

GelvinGSM

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has a webpage for users converting from apple to WP. Can't remember the URL but a google search should find it.

Oh you mean to say Bing search :p I don't know about it. Rarely visit MS's site. I would more like to see threads from this place which will surely include discussion. Kinda help him if he's stuck somewhere.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes