Hi guys!

I have convinced my cousin, residing in US, to try out a Windows Phone. It was one heck of a job but I finally did it. He's going to get a new Windows Phone, probably Icon, by Monday or Tuesday from Verizon. The problem is, he has no idea how it works. He's a MAC user since forever. He has never used a Windows desktop before so it's a bit hard to make him understand everything so quick. The other problem is, well, I live in Pakistan and he lives in USA. I can guide him a lot about the phone but time zone conflicts...

So I need help from you guys. Is there any guide to use Windows Phone 8.1 made by any member for extreme beginners. Like how to use Windows Phone, advices, best camera app, setting custom wallpapers and you know, other customization stuff. I haven't searched anything yet because of the lack of time and how quick it all happened. He was going for Android because of customization but I have however convinced him to try out a Windows Phone. Well, he's kinda tired with iTunes....

So, please if there is any thread, do help me out by posting the links here. I will be really really thankful to all of you lovely fellas.

-Gelvin
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-20-2014 03:50 PM
    Microsoft has a webpage for users converting from apple to WP. Can't remember the URL but a google search should find it.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-20-2014 03:52 PM
    Microsoft has a webpage for users converting from apple to WP. Can't remember the URL but a google search should find it.
    Oh you mean to say Bing search :p I don't know about it. Rarely visit MS's site. I would more like to see threads from this place which will surely include discussion. Kinda help him if he's stuck somewhere.
    09-20-2014 03:55 PM
    WPC is of course a great resource!
    Windows Phone 8.1 Tips, Tricks and How to

JamesPTao gives good advice...

This link is pretty much all inclusive for new users:
    Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Most if not all WP/MM phones have a "Help+Tips" tile available right on the phone.

I used that a lot on my very first Windows phone.
    Very very helpful actually...easy to use right to the point without being confusing.
    aximtreo, JamesPTao and GelvinGSM like this.
    09-20-2014 04:04 PM