Lumia 930 speech recognition error

W

WPCentral Question

Hi guys,

I am from Vietnam and I bought a Lumia 930 around a month ago. I seleted region as US and English (US) as my language so that I can use Cortana. Initially, it works flawlessly but recently I have problems: Cortana, built in messaging apps, bing,... (all apps that can use voice recognition) suddenly stop working. I always receive the message "sorry, couldn't hear any thing". Even in Viber when I send voice message, my voice is always very small and cannot be heard by my friend.

I am sure that my microphone is ok because my friend can hear me well in a regular phone call.

I tried
- Soft reset
- Hard (factory) reset
- Re-installing the phone software using Nokia Recovery Tool

But nothing works. Is there anyone have the same issue and fixed it successfully? Nokia Care claiming that it may be hardware issue but if that's the case I cannot make phone call, right?

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting actually.

I dare say it would have something to do with your region settings - I know this isnt normal, but it might be playing up.

I am from Australia, and have given up using the US Cortana. I think i'll just wait until it rolls out properly here.

Hope you get this fixed!

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
In that case, it could be a software bug causing an issue with the microphone hardware.

Bear in mind that the Lumia 930 has multiple microphones as well - not sure which ones are utilised when Cortana is active though.

Good luck with this, Kim. If in doubt, go for a direct hardware replacement from Nokia.

kimlong308

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm leaving my Lumia at Nokia Care to check the hardware already. Hope this is not a wrong decision because Nokia Care in Vietnam has bad reputation for stealing spareparts and breaking phones.

First time changing to another OS from Android has turned out to be so tired :(

jyasin

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I recently got my own lumia 930 and having now the same issue . It works very well with the headphone plugged in. And I also noticed it works a little better with more noise present around and if I shout at it. So maybe it has to do with noise reduction thing. Please let me know

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon