Duplicate (no, pentuplicate) album song lists

W

WPCentral Question

I'm using Windows Phone 8 on a Huawei model H883G through Tracfone. All of the music on the phone is stored on a micro SD card. Nearly all (but not all) of my albums show pentuplicate (yes, 5) copies of each song on the phone's media player. Thinking that this had occurred through the synchronization process, I removed the microSD card and read it on my PC. To my surprise, none of the albums on the microSD card showed duplicate copies. Something in the media player or another part of the operating system is creating the copies when the player starts - but what? And what can be done about it?

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Are you a music pass subscriber? If so, it may be trying to match what you have on the cloud as well as on the SD Card. If not, turn off cloud sync.

The only way I found around this, is to reset your phone. Doing this, however, will delete all your apps, settings, etc. Just make sure to take out the SD card before you do it, this way you don't lose your music. This happens to me all the time, therefore I don't sync anything, I just stream everything from the cloud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon