Artists not sorted correctly in alphabetical order

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I recently did a factory reset on my Lumia 950, and when I was syncing music back to the phone, I noticed that some artists are strangely sorted by the wrong letter when ordered A to Z. It is doing it on both the mobile and desktop versions of Groove.

See the screenshots below. Relient K is stored in the Music library on my PC (C:\Users\%username%\Music) as well as local storage on my phone. On the phone, that is the only artists that I've found sorted with the wrong first letter, but on the PC, there are a few more artists sorted incorrectly.

Selfmindead, Sixpence None the Richer, and Soundtrack are synced to my collection through my OneDrive storage. On the phone, they are sorted in the correct order under the letter S, but on the PC, they are all sorted under the letter V along with Relient K. On the desktop version of Groove, these four artists are found between "Vanessa Hudgens" and "Various Artists;" however, on the phone version of Groove, Relient K appears between "Various Artists" and "Vedera."

I can't find anything in the metadata for these music files that would cause any of these artists to be sorted under the letter V. Has anyone else experienced strange sorting in Groove or have suggestions for what I need to look at? Windows Media Player correctly sorts everything by Album Artists, so I'm not sure what's going on with Groove.wp_ss_20170520_0001[1].jpg2017-05-20.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos