Why won't my Lumia 920 GDR 8.1 install extras+info and replaces it with @C:\Date\Programs\2377fe1..?

Ally Fenty

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 GDR 8.1 won't install "extras+info" and replaces it with "@C:\Date\Programs\{2377fe1..."

Hi everybody,

I have a yellow Lumia 920 and I have updated it to the GDR Preview 8.1 in May and since then I have found this weird "@C:\Date\Programs\{2377fe1b-c10f-47da-92f3.." in my settings, where extras+info used to be. And if I tap on it, nothing opens!
I have waited before actually worrying about it, so I updated my phone everytime I got the notification.

But my "extras+info" update is still there in my store in downloads, and when I try to update it it says "Attention required. Tap here." and when I do tap, this message pops out "we're having trouble installing this app. If this is the first time you've seen this message, go ahead and try again. If the app still won't install, go to your phone update settings to make sure your phone is up to date."

I really don't know what the problem is. In my settings there is no extras+info and it's replaced by that weird link.
Is it possible that no one found the solution to this problem? Not many people seem to have this issue, but some do.
Did anyone find a way to solve this?

I tried soft resets but I am trying to avoid the hard reset, plus people who had this problem and did a hard reset didn't solve it.

I would appreciate some help!
Nokia and Windows don't seem to care!

View attachment 82320

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 GDR 8.1 won't install "extras+info" and replaces it with "@C:\Date\Programs\{2377fe1..

I'm not sure what your solution is here. It seems like an OS-level bug, so I think your realistic options here are to do the hard reset or to wait and see if the next developer preview will fix this bug for you. You could also try sysapp pusher and see if you can get an update for your extras+info... but chances are this is already up to date.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3