Can anyone help me out with some WP questions?

W

WPCentral Question

First day questions..

I've made the jump from Android to Windows Phone (Lumia 930) recently. I like it a lot actually, but there are two things, which bother me.

- Is it normal, that the Internet Explorer seems to always rerender Websites? If there's a "long" website, which requires a lot of scrolling everything seems fine, when I scroll slow. But as soon as I start to scroll faster, you see the content rendering.
- It it possible to change the User Agent of the IE? It seems like Google hides a few options (Time Filter), when I access the site with the IE. Unfortunately Bing isn't an acceptable alternative to Google in my country.
- Is it possible to change the "From" value in E-Mails? I use a lot of E-Mail aliases and would like to choose the E-Mail Adress from which I send a mail. It's not possible to create a seperate E-Mail Account for each Adress - they are just aliases, so I can't use them to login.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: First day questions..

I've made the jump from Android to Windows Phone (Lumia 930) recently. I like it a lot actually, but there are two things, which bother me.

- Is it normal, that the Internet Explorer seems to always rerender Websites? If there's a "long" website, which requires a lot of scrolling everything seems fine, when I scroll slow. But as soon as I start to scroll faster, you see the content rendering.
- It it possible to change the User Agent of the IE? It seems like Google hides a few options (Time Filter), when I access the site with the IE. Unfortunately Bing isn't an acceptable alternative to Google in my country.
- Is it possible to change the "From" value in E-Mails? I use a lot of E-Mail aliases and would like to choose the E-Mail Adress from which I send a mail. It's not possible to create a seperate E-Mail Account for each Adress - they are just aliases, so I can't use them to login.

welcome!

- I'm not sure
- You can't change the UA in IE, maybe with another browser. Although with Windows 8.1 Update 1, they change the UA to be like other phones, meaning Google serves us better pages.
- I don't know firsthand, I doubt it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes