Why can't I receive whatsApp messages when I exit the app?

W

WPCentral Question

Hello,

It is the first time I use windows phone 8.1 preview, but this issue is really bothering me. When I open whatsApp, I receive messages. However, when I exit the app, I cannot receive new messages until I reopen the app! I tried using 3G and different WIFI connections, but nothing worked. The notifications for whatsApp are enabled as well as its background process. I tried everything to make it work!
Please help if you have any idea.

Thanks in advance :)

googyanas

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

It is the first time I use windows phone 8.1 preview, but this issue is really bothering me. When I open whatsApp, I receive messages. However, when I exit the app, I cannot receive new messages until I reopen the app! I tried using 3G and different WIFI connections, but nothing worked. The notifications for whatsApp are enabled as well as its background process. I tried everything to make it work!

Please help if you have any idea.

Just uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

It is the first time I use windows phone 8.1 preview,

So are you in the developers preview program?

If so why are you asking this question as a guest rather than in the dedicated section for the preview program, whatsapp notification works fine on my standard WP running 8.1 Cyan, but you should expect odd things to happen if you are in the developers preview program and ask questions in the section for the preview program.

And if you aren't in the preview program, it does help others to help you if you give as much info as possible, type of phone etc.

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2