How would I go about installing a full program that comes on a disc onto my surface pro 3?

W

WPCentral Question

I need to know if I order a songwriting software if I will be able to instal it and use it on my surface pro.

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Either copy all the stuff onto a thumb drive from another PC or share the DVD drive from a PC on the network and it install it just like the drive was connected to the Surface, a third option is to buy an external DVD drive.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Or, if you plan to do this on and off and want an easier way buy an external DVD reader on eBay. Their cheap. I still have one that came with my Fujitsu tablet PC for just this purpose.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Download and install Virtual Clone Drive on your Surface 3. SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive This adds a virtual CD/DVD tray to your box. Then you can mount and play any .ISO image just as if it were a physical tray and disk.

Rip the disk as an .ISO and copy it over to your Surface or run it off a stick.

Easy peasy - the program is a freebie - and a permanent solution to a possibly recurring issue.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8.1 doesn't need Virtual Clone Drive, Daemon Tools, etc.......iso files can be read natively now.

I've been using Virtual Clone Drive since Windows 8, before that another tool. How do you get 8.1 to play an .ISO? I just double clicked one and it only opened the folder... (I do have Windows 8.1 on my box.)

I see the mount command, but then it wants 3rd party software to play... It's stating Media Monkey as the play method. Doesn't sound native to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos