Is there any way to rollback to the previous version of the Bing apps?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The only way would be if anyone downloaded the app before the MSN update and install the app manually.

No, this won't work. Each app is tied to your own account, you can't pick up an app that someone else downloaded and install it on your own phone.

There's no way to go back to previous versions of apps unless you downloaded the app yourself and then prevented any updates.

In what way are the MSN apps now messed up? What aren't you happy with?

acermark

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Weather app - UV Index no longer appears and the nightime cloudy background also appears during the day instead of the daytime one. Also bizarrely the main side tile is now the 3/5 day forecast instead of the current temp. Plus as well data is now very inaccurate for my location, especially wind speed and direction.

News app - The font on the live tile is bold and ugly.

Sports app - Live tile no longer works.

Money app - Live tile has a photo on one side and the graph on the other. Huh????

acermark

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
They're trying to fix things that aren't broken. Still, I wouldn't say the apps are all bad

Yeah, the others aside from Weather are still okay without being too much different.

However after playing around with today I think the problem with Weather is how it's downloading it's data now. During the day the moon background would appear now and then and the UV Index was again absent despite clear sunny skies. Does anyone know how to contact the developer for it?

acermark

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been in live chat with Microsoft support and they've escalated the Weather app issue with the developers, it's not downloading data properly outside of the hours of 6am-8pm EDT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12