Okay.. forgot my password to unlock my screen. Who do I call?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I don't know who to call to help me unlock my phone. My provider or the manufacture!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
nobody, you'll have to either miraculously remember or erase your phone and start over fresh (security you know!)

(it wont have to be a fresh start, you'll probably have backups of various things like texts and contacts, etc..)

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
If you can't open your device because of a forgotten PIN (or similar), you can use the button method: Turn off your phone, press and hold the volume down button and then briefly press the power button to turn the phone on. Keep the volume down button pressed until an exclamation mark is shown on your screen. Then press the following buttons, one at a time, in this order:
volume up, volume down, power, volume down
The phone will now reset to factory status

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset it. If you have your backup function set up everything should come back even your start tile setup. You will probably lose saved game data and any app info from apps with no backup function.

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
If you can't open your device because of a forgotten PIN (or similar), you can use the button method: Turn off your phone, press and hold the volume down button and then briefly press the power button to turn the phone on. Keep the volume down button pressed until an exclamation mark is shown on your screen. Then press the following buttons, one at a time, in this order:
volume up, volume down, power, volume down
The phone will now reset to factory status

perfect advice for thieves to unlock stolen phones, lolz jk!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon