Why can't my Sony SBH80 pair with my Lumia 925?

Nicholas Foong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a Lumia 925 running on WP8.1 Update 1 Dev Preview with Lumia Cyan, and I am unable to pair it with my brand new Sony SBH80 bluetooth headset. When on the Bluetooth settings menu, my phone can't seem to find the headset.

When I use NFC to pair, a notification will pop up on my phone asking me if I would like to pair my phone to the headset. But upon clicking "pair" a message pops up saying "Couldn't pair. We're having trouble pairing with this Bluetooth device. Please try again."

Please help! This is really frustrating as my new earphones are completely useless if I can't pair it to my phone! Thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried using Bluetooth with any other device prior to this?

Have you tried a soft reset just to see if that sorts things out?

Lastly, not to annoy you, are you sure the headphones detect mode?

Nicholas Foong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried using Bluetooth with any other device prior to this?

Have you tried a soft reset just to see if that sorts things out?

Lastly, not to annoy you, are you sure the headphones detect mode?

Yup it works perfectly fine on my friend's Xperia Z3 Compact.

Hmm I haven't tried a soft reset yet, I'll try it out and see if it works. Thanks! Hold volume down and power button right?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Nicholas Foong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I did a soft reset and it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if this is a Windows Phone software compatibility issue, Lumia Cyan issue, or hardware compatibility issue. The headset works perfectly fine on the z3 compact so I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with it.

Do any of you own a pair of Bluetooth earphones? And if so do they work with your windows phone?

Attachments

• 2638.jpg
    2638.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 19

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I did a soft reset and it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if this is a Windows Phone software compatibility issue, Lumia Cyan issue, or hardware compatibility issue. The headset works perfectly fine on the z3 compact so I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with it.

Do any of you own a pair of Bluetooth earphones? And if so do they work with your windows phone?

I have a pair of Nokia BT headphones and I have paired my phone via BT to other devices with no issues.

My next suggestion is to try a hard reset or the Nokia Software Recovery Tool but I don't like suggesting that because it can be a hassle and people get upset with having to do it. Saying that it may be the best option as it will probably solve this issue.

Nicholas Foong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a pair of Nokia BT headphones and I have paired my phone via BT to other devices with no issues.

My next suggestion is to try a hard reset or the Nokia Software Recovery Tool but I don't like suggesting that because it can be a hassle and people get upset with having to do it. Saying that it may be the best option as it will probably solve this issue.

Thanks for the help! But I don't think I'll do a hard reset. So I guess I'm the only one experiencing such issues?

I wonder if there's anyone else who owns a pair of sbh80s. Would love to hear if it's working for them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help! But I don't think I'll do a hard reset. So I guess I'm the only one experiencing such issues?

I wonder if there's anyone else who owns a pair of sbh80s. Would love to hear if it's working for them.

Did you go from DP to WP8.1? There were issues in DP with Bluetooth and going by my own experiences with updates I typically hard reset or use NSRT afterwards to ensure a smooth operation. I am unlike many people though in that I don't play games and all my stuff is backed up regularly.

Nicholas Foong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I went from dp to wp8.1. Hard resetting will probably solve the issue but I really don't want to lose my game data again. I lost my data the other time as I had to revert to wp8.0 in order to get lumia cyan. Oh well. Ill just keep my earphones till i get a new phone i guess. Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes