03-02-2017 08:50 AM
33 12
tools
    Hi everyone. As you probably know from the title, my problem is that even after multiple attempts, weather information does not appear on my glance screen. I installed the update for the glance screen. Restated my phone. Set weather as my background app in lock screen settings and opened it many many times. Still no dice....anyone who has done, can you please list the procedure here. It would be very helpful to me and many many more people.
    10-03-2014 08:54 AM
    Turn on location and data or wifi and open weather apps to updates, this solution worked for me
    10-03-2014 08:59 AM
    These are my steps:
    I scanned the QR code and installed the update
    Went to glance settings, it asked me to restart the phone
    I restarted the Phone
    Went back to the settings, it said My current app is not supported (amazing weather)
    Then I went to the list of apps supported, Only Health and fitness was supported.
    I set that as the lock screen
    Didnt see anything, so went ahead and downloaded the MSN weather app
    Set that as lockscreen.
    Confirmed the settings in the app
    Went to the glance screen and YES!!! it was there.
    Note: If you have set the glance settings to peak, the weather doesn't show all the time, only when you peak.
    CheDragan likes this.
    10-03-2014 09:01 AM
    Also, if you have the beta glance app for adding pictures to glance, you must disable/uninstall that. Plus if you have the beta live lock screen, you must disable/uninstall this as both those betas disrupt this feature
    10-03-2014 09:05 AM
    These are my steps:
    I restarted the Phone
    Went back to the settings, it said My current app is not supported (amazing weather)
    Then I went to the list of apps supported, Only Health and fitness was supported.
    Set that as lockscreen.
    Note: If you have set the glance settings to peak, the weather doesn't show all the time, only when you peak.
    Thanks for your detailed steps. Still didn't work, but I think its some sort of bug with my location. Because weather app on my lockscreen acts funny. Ex. Showing broad daylight wallpaper at night.
    10-03-2014 09:37 AM
    Did you hit open app in the lock screen settings and chose weather?
    10-03-2014 09:40 AM
    Even I ain't able to get this right. Is it mandatory to go into weather app and set it as the background screen ? I just want it as my glance screen.
    I went into glance screen settings and there I do not get the option to set weather as the detailed app.
    10-03-2014 10:10 AM
    Even I ain't able to get this right. Is it mandatory to go into weather app and set it as the background screen ? I just want it as my glance screen.
    I went into glance screen settings and there I do not get the option to set weather as the detailed app.
    You have no choice-you have to use weather as your background in the lock screen to get it to work.
    10-03-2014 10:14 AM
    These are my steps:
    I restarted the Phone
    Set that as lockscreen.
    Alienhead, This worked for me but now my wallpaper is from the weather app, is there a way where I can have a personal wallpaper and still be able to see the weather on the glance screen?
    10-03-2014 11:37 AM
    No not currently, your glance screen mimics the info displayed on you're lock screen.
    Unless in the weather app lock screen settings you can set it to use a pic of your choosing while displaying the weather.
    10-03-2014 11:39 AM
    Added the Weather app just to get it on the glance screen. Reviews say it's not accurate. Guess I'll have to give it a try since there's no other option.
    10-04-2014 11:41 AM
    turn on location services and data on msn app , then add on lock screen .
    10-06-2014 12:51 AM
    Mine has been very accurate. Love having this on my glance screen and it should only open the doors for developers to do even more things for it
    10-06-2014 12:58 AM
    sadly my lumia 1020 doesnt get weather on glance,did all steps everything..but nothing.cant figure out what im doing wrong,glance with all settings on except night mode,msn weather on lockscreen,restarted multiple times..still nothing yet
    10-10-2014 02:36 PM
    Mine actually went out last night. Had to disable glance, restart the phone, and then re-enable it to get it back.
    10-11-2014 11:59 AM
    My weather has been accurate so far. I hope they add weather to the Tetra lock screen. That would be great 😊
    11-11-2014 11:12 AM
    Hamza Waseem - Not sure if you were able to get this to work yet, but I have my apps set to install to my SD card and the Weather wouldn't display on Glance. Once I moved the MSN Weather app over to my phone storage, it now shows. Just another option to try.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-20-2014 03:59 PM
    Look out the window? Or, do a few taps and get the latest?
    11-20-2014 06:06 PM
    Up till today, I didn't realize my 8.1 1020 supported this glance weather LOL. Well, took a few minutes and one restart to properly set it on both glance and lockscreen.

Also, is the Glance weather supposed to disappear after 15secs, and shown again after a quick hover above the ambient sensor?
    11-20-2014 07:40 PM
    Yes that's normal.
    11-22-2014 12:53 PM
    HEY !! I was facing the same problem but i resolved it easily. what you have to do is just activate the kids corner once and then you can deactivate it. The weather will show both on the lock screen and on the glance screen with the proper settings. This happens because of some app which you might have installed earlier for the lock screen(for eg: live lock screen by microsoft itself) interferes with the lock screen settings and the glance screen. Kids corner just terminates the previous app settings. microsoft needs to fix this bug.
    01-26-2015 09:28 AM
    HEY !! I was facing the same problem but i resolved it easily. what you have to do is just activate the kids corner once and then you can deactivate it. The weather will show both on the lock screen and on the glance screen with the proper settings. This happens because of some app which you might have installed earlier for the lock screen(for eg: live lock screen by microsoft itself) interferes with the lock screen settings and the glance screen. Kids corner just terminates the previous app settings. microsoft needs to fix this bug.
    02-25-2015 04:10 AM
    Still nothing...I tried all the steps above and enable/disabling kid's corner. I also tried to move to phone memory weather application, but no result's. Weather app on Lock screen does not work and also on glance screen. I have lumia 1320
    03-13-2015 02:20 AM
    Hamza Waseem - Not sure if you were able to get this to work yet, but I have my apps set to install to my SD card and the Weather wouldn't display on Glance. Once I moved the MSN Weather app over to my phone storage, it now shows. Just another option to try.
    I did this a few weeks ago. It fixed the problem. It had to be installed on the phone not the sd card.
    03-13-2015 03:32 AM
    Does 640XL support glance for weather app?
    06-07-2015 08:06 AM
33 12