11-21-2014 05:30 AM
45 12
tools
    Glance screen is already off, background is dark and battery saver is set to "When battery is low". I suppose I could set it to "always", but I'm not sure what that would limit.

I have another niggle by now: contacts. First of all, I don't have all contact details. It looks like Windows Phone doesn't support custom contact fields, and therefore these weren't synced with my Google account. I don't like this loss of functionality. Also, phone numbers are shown in a small font coloured using the accent colour, so they're not all that easy to see. I find it baffling that the colour of this and the start screen background use the same colour. (I did set the start screen to an image, but I'm not sure what an "accent colour" is exactly, why it's used for the font, and where else it is used.)
    11-09-2014 04:48 AM
    Disable nfc ... Set brightness to manual then set it to low and then set it back to automatic ...... As far as you have told you can also disable location service ..... Open battery saver and disable everything( change to not allowed) from running in background except WhatsApp .... Especially here drive ..... Apart from that facebook is also a battery hog .... Disable it from running in background, all under 'battery sense'..... Also close apps by long pressing on the back button ... And battery will last for more than a day for your usage.... Lumia 620 is the best mid range phone out there still ....with of course a small screen .... # 1.5 years on still going strong...
    11-09-2014 05:03 AM
    Thanks for the tips. I'll see how they improve battery life.
    11-09-2014 10:23 AM
    Glance screen is already off, background is dark and battery saver is set to "When battery is low". I suppose I could set it to "always", but I'm not sure what that would limit.

I have another niggle by now: contacts. First of all, I don't have all contact details. It looks like Windows Phone doesn't support custom contact fields, and therefore these weren't synced with my Google account. I don't like this loss of functionality. Also, phone numbers are shown in a small font coloured using the accent colour, so they're not all that easy to see. I find it baffling that the colour of this and the start screen background use the same colour. (I did set the start screen to an image, but I'm not sure what an "accent colour" is exactly, why it's used for the font, and where else it is used.)
    Try to Import your contact information to your live account. I think it's solve your problem
    11-09-2014 10:43 AM
    I use thi NL620 since December 2012, great phone packed with all kinds of features you cannot find in newer Lumia phones as ffc, nfc, camera dedicated button, glance screen...
    11-09-2014 10:55 AM
    I just tried to put on the 620 the ringtone I've been using for years on all my phones. It's a midi file, and it's not shown in the ringtone list, so I guess that the phone doesn't support midi ringtones. I'll have to convert it.
    11-10-2014 06:44 AM
    You'll have to convert that to mp3 if you want it as a ringtone.
    11-10-2014 06:58 AM
    I just realised that the accent colour is used as a background for SMS messages, with white text on it, as well as for phone number text on the black background, so if you choose a lighter colour, the SMS text will be hard to see, if you choose darker, the phone numbers will be hard to see, and it's impossible to find a case where they will both be clear.

Who made that stupid design decision?
    11-12-2014 05:12 AM
    You'll find the accent colour in all the nooks and crannies of the OS.
    11-12-2014 11:05 AM
    I just realised that the accent colour is used as a background for SMS messages, with white text on it, as well as for phone number text on the black background, so if you choose a lighter colour, the SMS text will be hard to see, if you choose darker, the phone numbers will be hard to see, and it's impossible to find a case where they will both be clear.

Who made that stupid design
    decision?
    I've tried almost every accent color in the Os, it's always been easy to see. I don't know what you're talking about.
    11-12-2014 11:58 AM
    I've tried almost every accent color in the Os, it's always been easy to see. I don't know what you're talking about.
    Maybe he's got bad eyesight. Or some form of colour blindness (hope I'm not being offensive).
    11-12-2014 03:17 PM
    Maybe he's got bad eyesight. Or some form of colour blindness (hope I'm not being offensive).
    Well, my eyesight isn't exactly good. I wear glasses. And everything on Windows phone is easier to see than the super bright and colorful IOS and Android OS's.
    11-12-2014 03:49 PM
    Middle aged eyes here. I switch between normal (farsighted) and reading glasses. I can read things well enough on the phone with reading glasses, but on my THL A3 I could also read them well enough with my normal glasses, even though it has a smaller (3.5") screen, and on the Lumia I can't, due to the font and colours used.

Edit: Found the ease of access controls. Enlarged the font and changed to high contrast. Interface is now black/white and not attractive, but I can see it much better. Android can give me a colourful background and still be readable, but I can live without colour.
    Last edited by ET3D; 11-13-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    11-13-2014 10:18 AM
    Middle aged eyes here. I switch between normal (farsighted) and reading glasses. I can read things well enough on the phone with reading glasses, but on my THL A3 I could also read them well enough with my normal glasses, even though it has a smaller (3.5") screen, and on the Lumia I can't, due to the font and colours used.

Edit: Found the ease of access controls. Enlarged the font and changed to high contrast. Interface is now black/white and not attractive, but I can see it much better. Android can give me a colourful background and still be readable, but I can live without colour.
    So basically put you can't read white color font?
    11-13-2014 12:24 PM
    If the contrast is low, I have a harder time reading. Black on white or white on black have the highest contrast, but white on dark blue is fine, etc. It's just that the colour choices on the phone (when not in "high contrast" mode) assure that the contrast of either phone numbers of text messages is low.
    11-16-2014 03:46 AM
    If the contrast is low, I have a harder time reading. Black on white or white on black have the highest contrast, but white on dark blue is fine, etc. It's just that the colour choices on the phone (when not in "high contrast" mode) assure that the contrast of either phone numbers of text messages is low.
    Oh I see. It's same with my mom. She has a hard time reading on my phone cause it's has dark background. When I switch to light theme she will able to read it
    11-17-2014 11:57 PM
    625 would be a great choice.. Even im a proud owner of it currently ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
    11-18-2014 01:57 AM
    625 would be a great choice.. Even im a proud owner of it currently ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
    Yeah go with the 625 instead,has ffc which would be helpful when using skype
    11-18-2014 02:03 AM
    Yeah go with the 625 instead,has ffc which would be helpful when using skype
    Let me tell you something weird
    Okay I 'm live in Indonesia.here Nokia Lumia retailers sold Lumia 620 at 2.499.000 IDR while Lumia 625 at 1.999.999 IDR and 630 at 1.999.999 IDR while 720 at 1.750.000 IDR
    11-21-2014 12:21 AM
    If you sitll have Lumia 720, take that up. It's a better phone than 620 :) and plus if you really Mobile data, you'll find the battery life of L720 is better than 620.
    11-21-2014 05:30 AM
45 12