Restoring from a backup: how does it work with Microsoft accounts?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.
I had my phone repaired, a 920, recently. When it was returned it had naturally been wiped. Eventually my phone found a list of contacts, but it had some missing. It also did not re-install my old apps or settings. I have Microsoft account from way back, which is the one that I use for Xbox. But I am wondering if it backs up to my Outlook account. Is there a way to merge the two? Does that 'alias" business sort it? I don't want to lose my original MS account due to my Xbox being linked to it, so don't think I can switch to the other one. Any help is appreciated.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Restoring from a backup

The easiest thing to do would be to do a hard reset ( Settings > About > Reset Your Phone ). After that process completes, you will be asked to sign in again with your Microsoft account. You will then be prompted to restore from a backup or start new. If you choose backup, you will see different backups that you can choose from and that should restore all of your apps, your texts, call history and contacts.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Restoring from a backup

I was able to restore after an insurance swap by just logging in with the same account I had on my phone. It asked if new or from backup, I chose from backup and it pulled everything down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes