Why haven't I received the Black or Cyan updates?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

No updates

I'm sorry. My 1020 did not get Black or Cyan updates. I live in Tx. and locked into at&t. Can I download them ? Thank you.

turbo5

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: No updates

Same here. I dont see Cyan when touching the Get updates button. Device is Singapore variant, but using it in Hungary with a Hungarian carrier.

Availability in Asia Pacific URL (cant link yet cos I dont have enough answers here...how lame is that) sais "Lumia 1020 Country variant 3051.50009.1424.0016 Available Available Available"

Any ideas?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Same here. I dont see Cyan when touching the Get updates button. Device is Singapore variant, but using it in Hungary with a Hungarian carrier.

Availability in Asia Pacific URL (cant link yet cos I dont have enough answers here...how lame is that) sais "Lumia 1020 Country variant 3051.50009.1424.0016 Available Available Available"

Any ideas?

Your phone is a country variant and what carrier you have it on or what country you're in has no impact on updates. The only thing that matters is when the update is released for that country variant, which you show as being available.

I'm going to assume you tried updating via WiFi. You also didn't mention if you were on DP or not. There are still issues with DP.

Have you tried a soft reset?

If you were required to factory reset would that be an issue?

Once you answer all that we can go further.

turbo5

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

I have just bought the phone and already did a factory reset 30 mins ago. Dunno if its on Developer preview, how can I know that? The only thing I know, it sais, it is Black (not Cyan). I have tried it on Wifi, yes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Don't worry about the developers preview.

Since the phone is new and you already factory reset (bit odd that you're not getting updates still) I'd recommend using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. Something isn't seeming right.

FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

You need a PC and an internet connection. What this software will do is once your phone is detected it will download the latest firmware for that phone and install it. This will wipe the phone completely clean. If Cyan is available that's what it will install. The download is fairly large but it should fix your problem.

turbo5

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Just to clarify it is not new, I have bought it used. It is about 6 months old.
Thanx for the hint, I am gonna report if the recovery tool has been succeeded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon