Remove image from contact?

l33tuc

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Is there any way to completely remove an image from a contact in people hub?

Alternatively, is there any way to specifically hide individual contacts from the people tile, whilst retaining them in your overall list?

Cheers!

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
If you can't remove a contacts picture, its because of a "linked" account, like FB or twitter. Remove that link and you will be able to completely remove that picture.

There isn't a way to "hide" people from the tile unless you give blank pictures. You could alternatively make a giant "group" and pin that. That WA you can have only the contacts you want on your screen, but still have access to others when you need to.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
As long as I know the only way to "remove" that picture is to delete and recreate that contact

You don't have to delete the contact.

For example, I have a friends contact with a picture I took of them, but if I link their facebook account, their facebook profile picture becomes the default picture for his contact. So if I ever wanted to change his picture, I would have to unlink that facebook account and change it that way and leave them un-linked if I ever wanted to in the future.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
We are not talking about changing picture by linking and unlinking contact with FB etc. I get what you are saying, I have similar thing for my father - his Skype picture. There is no way to remove picture of (non-linked) contact once you ever chose one. You can change it but can't delete (like in WhatsApp for example)

l33tuc

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all... It's just frustrating that with all the social networks these days, you can't specifically hide people from your people tile... I like the tile on my start screen, but its bloody annoying when your bosses or ex girlfriend's face flips round to look at you! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99