What is the best windows phone on the market?

viciouzone

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
On December 8th my current contract with Verizon is up and I will be changing from my 822 to something more advanced. I am not dead set on staying with Verizon and I want to get the best windows phone available.

A little about me:
I'm a gamer
I watch Netflix on my phone
I'm a big fan of wireless charging but its not a deal breaker
I text more than I talk
I take pictures, mostly of my cats or food to text to friends
I want the best tech
I will be signing a two year contract so I want something that will keep up with new tech
I'm willing to wait a couple of months to get the best tech

That being said, I am leaning towards the 1520 but that phone has been out almost a year give or take a few months. I heard there might be a new version of the 1520 (1525) or something like that with solar charging and a new processor but it was just a rumor.

Does anyone have some insight as to what phone us best suited for me?

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
There will be the 830, M8, 1520 to choose from.... I would think all good choices.

I have a 635, and I think the performance on this thing is pretty awesome. I think any of the aforementioned would be excellent choices.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Interesting. We are in a very similar situation, except...
- HULU, not Netflix
- Just a couple games, not too often,
- construction details, not cats or food.
- ZUNE software on all my PCs (connected to xbox music and video account.) so I'm hoping for the ZUNE music features to come back to Windows Phone.

Other than that, we are looking for the same new phone in the next months.

I'm hoping for some new features on my next new windows phone. Hopefully feature parity with those other, old fashioned designed phones.

Best Wishes.

viciouzone

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, I think im going to go with the 1520 unless I hear new news on upcoming phones :)

Edit:
I just hope that in 1-1.5 years its still up there in the top couple of phones.

Last edited:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Based on everything you said, it sounds like you are making a good choice. The 1520 is still among the state-of-the-art. It uses the same Snapdragon 800 processor, and is the newest SoC available for Windows Phone. You also get the benefit of the 20 MP PureView camera, and the enormous screen will be great for games and watching videos.

Don't worry about the 1525, there is nothing beyond speculation about this device existing. Even if it would be newer, it would be only a slight upgrade over the 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2