Use WP NFC with NFC-Enabled PC?

W

WPCentral Question

Can you use NFC between your Windows Phone 8.1 and a NFC-Enabled laptop with 8.1?

I have a Lumia 1020 w/ 8.1 & a Sony Vaio Fit 14 with 8.1

I've looked around the internet, can't find anything. I looked around on my devices and couldn't find much.

My laptop has this app thing from the sideswipe menu under Share > Windows Phone but it says "To add things to your phone, plug it into your PC with a USB cable." Meh.

It also has Devices > Tap & Send but then it says "You can only send from apps." Do I need an app, on my laptop or phone?

So, is NFC between the two impossible? If so, what are its capabilities?

TIA :)

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
What do you want to use NFC for? it is near field communication more to make the handshake for Bluetooth rather than transmitting data.
And NFC on Windows Phone is a pile of crap anywhere.. pretty useless up to this point. The handshake is pretty much all you can do. NFC Tags are useless because the support for them is almost 0

what do you want to do with the NFC than? access pictures form your phone on your PC?

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Would also be nice to use it as a NFC device to give it orders what to do in the system that is not starting facebook or here maps and starting a music and video app - which on 8.1 is officially not even there anymore but still works. it is a shame that all those people working for Microsoft cant even have dedicated teams to take care of a programm or functionality. NFC development has been zero the last 3 years

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon