Xap files: how to install?

ranjithr717

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Xap files downloaded on SD card not showing up in store to install it,I restarted and removed SD card and inserted again still it's not showing up.i have I downloaded the latest version not any outdated one.Please tell me Wats wrong!! Nokia Lumia 720 running LUMIA CYAN.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
re:

Given that you should have copied the .xap files onto the root directory of your SD card, you may have to wait for a couple of minutes or so after restarting your phone for the apps to appear. My experience with the HTC 8S was exactly the same - .xap files did not appear after restarting the phone... but I came back to the store 5-15 minutes later and the apps appeared in the store under "SD Card". My guess is that the phone is recognizing/authenticating the .xap files first before you're allowed to install the apps. This may include verifying the version or license to the apps online, so you may need to be connected to the internet.

These are just my GUESSES. Try coming back to the store several minutes after restarting your phone and see if "SD Card" appears in it.

ranjithr717

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Some guy said that I can install only 10 apps or games like this. Is there any limitations like these coz I have installed lot of apps this way!!:) so I think this might be the problem. And hey is there any way I can remove this limitation to install more in future?.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
re:

Out of curiosity, why not just install the apps directly from the store?

I've read about some form of limitation on the number of apps you can side load, but that was almost a year ago and Microsoft may have changed their policies about that by now.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
re:

Some guy said that I can install only 10 apps or games like this. Is there any limitations like these coz I have installed lot of apps this way!!:) so I think this might be the problem. And hey is there any way I can remove this limitation to install more in future?.

I had the same issue
Make sure you remove the cable when trying to install via SD card
And make sure your Xap is up-to-date

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa