How can I locate my lost phone?

illuminatus14

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Need help with Find my Phone

Help! I left my phone in a cab in Surabaya, Indonesia, and am now trying to locate it but not getting anywhere with the Find My Phone feature on windowsphone.com. I am wondering if it is because it is registered with my home (Malaysia) number but there is currently an Indonesian pre-paid SIM card in the phone. Is that what's causing the issue? Can anybody advise how to get around this?

Daniel

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Need help with Find my Phone

Help! I left my phone in a cab in Surabaya, Indonesia, and am now trying to locate it but not getting anywhere with the Find My Phone feature on windowsphone.com. I am wondering if it is because it is registered with my home (Malaysia) number but there is currently an Indonesian pre-paid SIM card in the phone. Is that what's causing the issue? Can anybody advise how to get around this?

Daniel

If the number registered in your windowsphone.com profile is different from what is in your phone, then you won't be able to Ring it or Locate it*. If they are the same, only the last known location will be detected in the website - that is the last location your phone has logged while it was still running or shortly before it powered down (either by loss of battery power or by intentionally turning it off).

*- I mis-typed my number before and I couldn't locate nor ring my phone. Typing in the correct number in my account enabled me to Ring and Locate my phone.

illuminatus14

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I guess I'll have to resort to reporting the loss / theft to the police. Anyone know how I could retrieve my IMEI number without having the phone? I can't seem to do it on windowsphone.com.

illuminatus14

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok local police are pathetic. Is there really no way I can lock my phone just with my IMEI number? My iPhone using friend said that Apple is able to do that, they can lock the phone via the IMEI and make it unusable, hopefully WP can do it too?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok local police are pathetic. Is there really no way I can lock my phone just with my IMEI number? My iPhone using friend said that Apple is able to do that, they can lock the phone via the IMEI and make it unusable, hopefully WP can do it too?

Depending on your mobile service provider, you may call them up, report your lost phone and ask them if they can block/lock/brick your phone simply by giving them the IMEI number of your phone - this works in my country (in addition to the WindowsPhone Lock/Erase Feature).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos