WhatsApp suddenly became a paid app?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've been using WhatsApp for the past 2-2.5 years now(because all my friends are on it, I don't have a choice really. The app is horrible on the WP platform rarely updated) a few days back I got a welcome update on WhatsApp and it really brought it in past with the Android version. But today, it just stopped. It's tile went grey on my start screen and it wouldn't open no matter what I tried. So I finally uninstalled it and reinstalled the app. When I opened the app, I restored my account after which it tells me to enjoy my 6 month free trial. Following which it will be .99$/year. Not cool.I didn't have this stupid clause earlier.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I signed up for Whatsapp about a month ago on WP and it said it's free for the first year but 99p thereafter, I asked my brother in law about this (He has an iPhone and had Whatsapp for a long time) and he said it's been that way for a while but he has never actually been charged.

I am not that convinced I actually need Whatsapp so it can stay on my phone until they want some money then it will go.

Bob

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Depends on where you live, you might not and never get charged. I've been using it since the day of Symbian, and although the installer says 99 cent per year I never actually get charged at all even at prepaid nor postpaid.

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been using WhatsApp at least since 2010 .. Never paid anything and every February I get the ? "Enjoy your 12months subscription" and keep using it.. Until I'll have to pay then I'll stay using viber Skype or any other service
Enviado desde mi Windows Phone usando Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck