Why are my apps only working properly when my screen is unlocked?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Viber problem

i use(not directly) wp 8.1 in 4 lumias . 2 of them are 630 ds with preinstalled 8.1. On the 2 1020's on the other hand had problems with viber from the beggining. The one was fixed after the software updates from wp8 to 8.1. The other , even if i have tried every solution i read (install/uninstal/empty ie cashes , emtpty temporary files/soft resets/ allow/not allowing backround apps/ allowing only viber), cannot seem to push rather than for a few minutes after a soft reset and have it opened. after that only if is unlocked on the screen the app works properly.

any ideas ?help?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Viber problem

i use(not directly) wp 8.1 in 4 lumias . 2 of them are 630 ds with preinstalled 8.1. On the 2 1020's on the other hand had problems with viber from the beggining. The one was fixed after the software updates from wp8 to 8.1. The other , even if i have tried every solution i read (install/uninstal/empty ie cashes , emtpty temporary files/soft resets/ allow/not allowing backround apps/ allowing only viber), cannot seem to push rather than for a few minutes after a soft reset and have it opened. after that only if is unlocked on the screen the app works properly.

any ideas ?help?
So I'm guessing you're having problems with the push notifications? If so, you could try these things:
- Make sure background data usage/data is enabled (go to Data Sense > settings and then restrict background data to none)
- Make sure you've allowed notifications for Viber (settings > notifications+actions > Viber)
- Make sure Battery Saver is off (otherwise Viber cannot send you push notifications in the background)
- Make sure Viber can run in the background (settings > battery saver > viber > run in background (to on)

That's everything I can think of. Good luck!

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

unfortunately the only thing that i haven't tried is hard reset. I am trying to avoid it , due to the fact that i do not use the phone, but it is my collegues(i turned her to windows...)

Do other apps have a similar problem? Or is it just Viber? If others don't work it'll be a system-wide problem (i.e. Battery Saver). Are you in your default region? Is your network connection reliable?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Otherwise, there's not much else I can think of...it's a very strange problem. I would recommend a hard reset. Just backup and restore to OneDrive (settings > backup)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99