What to expect with beta test

wp8-1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I signed up for a beta app on wpbetame. I was wondering if anyone else has done this, and if so, how long does it take the develops to send the download link?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I signed up for a beta app on wpbetame. I was wondering if anyone else has done this, and if so, how long does it take the develops to send the download link?

I have been a better tester all the way back in Windows Mobile 5.0. To answer your questions: It depends, really, on the developer.

Response time: Some developers respond within hours or minutes after I provide comments. Some take a couple or so of days while other take weeks to respond. A few might have taken months, but I don't think this is a healthy time-frame for the developer.

"Requirement" for beta tester: Some beta testers require technical feedback from co-programmers, but I'm guessing majority of the beta programs in the Windows app community rely on normal user feedback that answer questions such as "what did you do before the error happened?", "how frequently did you encounter the issue?" or "How can the app be improved?".

Download links: Links generally become available within 2-3 days after the developer submits his or her app to Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon