How can I go back to WP8 from 8.1?

W

WPCentral Question

I am having the official windows phone 8.1 cyan update,( not the developer preview). I want to downgrade to windows phone 8. Is there any possible way to do that?? I know by using the NSU tool i can remove the developer preview but i want to remove the original i mean the official update

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re:

The only way to is to flash a WP8 ROM on the phone. There is no other way to do it. This means using other software tools.

Any particular reason why you want to do this?

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 official to WP8

If the Nokia Software Recovery tool has WP8.1 as the latest OS to be installed on your phone, then I guess you cannot go back. Earlier on WP8 was available for recovery using the NSR tool so it could be done.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If the Nokia Software Recovery tool has WP8.1 as the latest OS to be installed on your phone, then I guess you cannot go back. Earlier on WP8 was available for recovery using the NSR tool so it could be done.

They said they have the official update and NSRT will only update to the latest version of the OS only. There is no way to select what version you want to install. So that leaves flashing a ROM as the only option.

kochery92

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

i just want those beautiful hubs back on my windows phone , i miss the msging hub and the original people hub..., actually everythng the store the picture hub and mostly the social integrtn. with 8.1 am left with an os which is pretty similar to android and ios with considerably lesser number of apps.though the ui is different but it is no where near wp 8. yes wp 8.1 brings new cool features but those they taken away... i can live without these new features , and i did it with ma wp8, but not those they taken away from wp8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon