Can anyone help me choose a new phone?

Eby David

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Trying to pick a new phone, Open to suggestions

Currently using a lumia 720, wish to upgrade because its starting to show its age.
unable to decide between lumia 735, lumia 830, htc desire 820

lumia 735 because well its a nokia and that price tag
lumia 830 because of the pureview tech
desire 820 because well, in india at rs26K, it has the best all round specs and is also future proof

i do know the pros and cons of windows phone and android and apps are not that big of a deal,
i have been using ms services for a long time which are available in both platforms

one more thing is that i really donno what to expect from windows 10 on mobile

please provide an unbiased opinion

thank you

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trying to pick a new phone, Open to suggestions

please provide an unbiased opinion

thank you

LOL... opinions are going to be biased by their very nature...

Here comes mine: Stick with Windows Phone if you really like the UX.

735 if you value price
I like IPS screens which gives 830 an edge, YMMV
830 gives more internal storage, but with either taking a 128GB card it is a really a draw
830 has a significantly better rear camera - BUT if you really use Video chat or are a selfie addict the 5MP Front Camera on 735 should sway you
Both have the Snapdragon 400 chipset which makes either just as ready for Windows 10 (or not depending on where the hardware line falls)

Personally I believe in getting the best hardware you can find and afford, but that's me.

Prioritizing the list above should help find the standout device for you.

Nokia Lumia 735 vs. Nokia Lumia 830 - GSMArena.com

Eby David

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

UX is not a concern, I prefer my data very dense in the first glance, say blinkfeed. my start screen has so many live tiles, sometimes it takes more than 5 seconds for the blank tile to fill.
notification center, messaging hub(hangouts), options for customization are pushing me towards android
camera apps, deep integration with Microsoft network and im also learning to develop windows apps, all these factors towards windows

and if you look at the price tag, desire 820 is cheaper than lumia 830 and offers better specs(I know windows doesn't need that much power to run, but 13mp back, 5mp front, 5.5 ips 720 p for a lower price is very enticing)

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I'd go with the Lumia 830. It's a very beautiful device, runs the latest version of Windows Phone, and has a very good rear camera :p I'm trying to learn to develop Windows apps too. I just don't know where to start .-.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

What do you actually want? A good ffc? Then go for 730, if you don't desire more of a selfie focused camera, then go for 830. Both devices are good.
Sent from my dark knight 1320

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac