I need an upgrade

barryr1285

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the 920 but sadly none of the recent low end phones are making me want to go out and upgrade. I really like the 1520 but don't want to buy a phone that's a year old, or should I go with the 930? Can anyone help thanks

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What country do you live in, and what carrier do you have?

If you're in the US, the HTC One M8 for Windows is available for Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 might be a year old... But is still at the pinnacle of Windows Phone devices.

There is not another WP phone out there that does more except (arguably) the One M8. And that is just a slightly faster CPU. You probably would not even notice the difference unless you are a benchmark fanatic.

What does the 1520 lack (besides newness) that you would miss?

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Remember time is relative. The 1520 only seems old to those caught up in metrics that the average consumer knows nothing about. For what its worth, the simple fact that the 1520 stacks up pretty nicely against the iPhone 6+ and the galaxy S5 and the Note 4 being considered archaic in technical chronology speaks for itself. As an everyday operator of one, I'd say its an amazing phone that doesn't feel dated at all. There are so many amazing things about the 1520, but I would simply be undermining it, for only those who have used one truly know just how powerful it is. Spec tests are for Android phones.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Remember time is relative. The 1520 only seems old to those caught up in metrics that the average consumer knows nothing about. For what its worth, the simple fact that the 1520 stacks up pretty nicely against the iPhone 6+ and the galaxy S5 and the Note 4 being considered archaic in technical chronology speaks for itself. As an everyday operator of one, I'd say its an amazing phone that doesn't feel dated at all. There are so many amazing things about the 1520, but I would simply be undermining it, for only those who have used one truly know just how powerful it is. Spec tests are for Android phones.

True.. The 1520 shouldn't be considered as being an old device just yet.. At least not before 2016.. After MS releases devices which run on SD 805 or so then you can consider the 1520 an old device, because of the SD 800, but even then the difference in speed will be 5-10 seconds or so

barryr1285

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the info, I do really love the 1520, and I'm the uk, and would be purchasing the phone outright. I seem to email all the time or use word or excel so I thought a bigger phone would suit what I use it for, I have had the 920 since it came out and it does feel dated.

I think I'm scared of purchasing either phone, when I have a feeling that a never version might come out soon. As I was hoping the new 1520 would of been announce by now.

Its sad because I've been looking at iPhones and even considering a android phone when I really dislike them.

Appreciate the advice.

Oh p.s I do like the look of the m8 but no word on release date in the uk

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the info, I do really love the 1520, and I'm the uk, and would be purchasing the phone outright. I seem to email all the time or use word or excel so I thought a bigger phone would suit what I use it for, I have had the 920 since it came out and it does feel dated.

I think I'm scared of purchasing either phone, when I have a feeling that a never version might come out soon. As I was hoping the new 1520 would of been announce by now.

Its sad because I've been looking at iPhones and even considering a android phone when I really dislike them.

Appreciate the advice.

Oh p.s I do like the look of the m8 but no word on release date in the uk

Lol stay with WP :D Phones are coming but we have to be patient.. The Denim update would help us to cope tho :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99