SSDs - same Bus number, Target Id and LUN

DeepFatFry

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
Hi

Apologies if this is a stupid question based on a total lack of understanding (I mean, I know it is).

I've just upgraded the SSDs in my laptop (Gigabyte Aero 14 GTX 1050ti). I had two drives before, a 250GB which was my system drive and a 500GB for storage. I've moved the 500GB to being my system drive and have installed a new 2TB drive for storage. I transferred everything by imaging the drives with Aomi. Everything seems to be working fine, so happy days. But I've noticed that when I look at the properties for each drive in Disk Management, both show "Location: Bus 0, Target Id 0, LUN 0". Is this correct? I don't really understand what these properties refer to, but shouldn't at least one of these be different for each drive? I'm afraid I don't know what these value were before I changed the drives around.

I had a good search around online for answers, but couldn't find anything that I properly understood.

I imaged the new 2TB storage drive first with my old system drive in situ. Then I swapped in the 500GB drive and wrote the system image to it. When I first booted after writing the system image, I had a message regarding the 2TB drive saying "disk is offline because it has a signature collision with another disk". I right clicked the 2TB disk in Disk Management, clicked "Online" and that seemed to solve it. I've checked that both disks have different signatures using diskpart. I just want to make sure I've not done anything that's going to cause problems in the future or prevent the two drives working optimally.

Again, apologies for my limited technical understanding.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital