notification+action center poor design

anon8957882

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else feel that the notification+action centre is an alien design which does not align well with the modern design language of Windows Phone.

In the action centre, the buttons are a third kind of size - modern design pushes for tiles that are squares and then rectangles that are double the sides of those squares. The rectangular button in the action center is completely alien.

The text sizes in that drop down menu are so varied. And it's so cluttered - completely opposite of what Metro stood for.

Even after being cluttered, the drop down n&a center will not tell you what day it is - a failure!

Once you clear the notifications - ugly bold text with app icons - they wont necessarily clear the live tile notification - redundancy here.

The action centre - the out of space android COPY - could use some more settings like mobile data management which could help in switching it on and off.

I feel that in a hurry - or maybe not - Microsoft team just COPIED the Android design without giving it much thought of how it will look on the Windows Phone. I know inconsistency is an integral part (and feature for them) of Microsoft products but there is always room for improvement by hiring the right guys. There are a lot of guys who do mockups and concept designs that are just awesome and way way better than the crap that MS puts out.

anon8957882

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
The second instance is the OneDrive app which nobody liked.

I fail to understand what is the big deal in maintaining consistency with the products that you release for your own platform. Even the desktop Windows OS is full of bits that do not go well with the overall "design".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar