How can I stop snapchat locking my 6snap account?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Snapchat sent me an email saying I was using a third-party application and to stop using otherwise my account will be permanently locked. How can I make it so that I can use my 6snap account? Or which snapchat app can I download that wont class as a third-party application?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Snapchat sent me an email saying I was using a third-party application and to stop using otherwise my account will be permanently locked. How can I make it so that I can use my 6snap account? Or which snapchat app can I download that wont class as a third-party application?

You mean none of them? Anyone who uses the Snapchat API besides Snapchat is considered a 3rd party and so will lock out your account if you use it and even permanent ban it if you continue to use it. That's why a lot of folks who are using 6snap are furious with Snapchat.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't.

It's their service and they had a recent security incident via 3rd party app. If they want to ban all 3rd party apps they will do so.

​Since they don't have an official app and won't support Windows Phone, maybe as a Windows Phone user you should rethink supporting them.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
You can't.

It's their service and they had a recent security incident via 3rd party app. If they want to ban all 3rd party apps they will do so.

​Since they don't have an official app and won't support Windows Phone, maybe as a Windows Phone user you should rethink supporting them.

I've written to em, I've clicked on the future support link. Best we can do is let them know in large amounts that this blah don't fly. Just because some moronic android (was it apple?) snapchat dev couldn't help but store their snaps for evil and giggles doesn't mean we need to be punished. I am indeed furious, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rudy doesn't see this as a slap in the face as well.

Classic catch 22.

Last edited:

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been locked apparently. This is the email I got from Snapchat:
Hi <myusername>,

We've noticed that you have continued using third-party apps and we have locked your account. You can unlock your account by changing your password. Please do not use third-party applications to access Snapchat in the future. Using third-party applications can compromise your account.

For more information, or to unlock your account, please visit:
https://www.snapchat.com/locked

Thanks,
Team Snapchat

Seems to be OK now I've reset the password, but I only did that 5 minutes ago!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Respond, telling Snapchat you are happy to switch to their official app for WP8 if they could please send you a link. Ask them to hold off locking your account until you have been given suitable time to locate this official app and switch to it. If they can't find the link, ask them what their advised method of access on WP8 devices is so that you can apply it as requested.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Respond, telling Snapchat you are happy to switch to their official app for WP8 if they could please send you a link. Ask them to hold off locking your account until you have been given suitable time to locate this official app and switch to it. If they can't find the link, ask them what their advised method of access on WP8 devices is so that you can apply it as requested.

​Well Played.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3