I have been trying to download an app Photo editor on my Samsung Ativ,
    It keeps asking me for a password. Which up until now it has never asked for. I couldn't remember my original password so I tried to change it, but my email address is an old work one and I want to chance it and get a new password, or open a new account. How do I sort out
    11-26-2014 02:00 PM
    You will have to do a Factory Reset... Run Backup first. It is the only way to change Microsoft Account on the phone.
    You will have to do a Factory Reset... Run Backup first. It is the only way to change Microsoft Account on the phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-26-2014 03:40 PM
    If you succeed in creating a new account, is it possible to to still restore backup created with the old account? I doubt this tho.
    11-26-2014 04:04 PM
    Nope... You give up all data backed up and all app ownership.
    11-26-2014 04:05 PM
    You won't be able to restore the back up. A new Microsoft accounts gets setup with its own slice of Microsoft's services etc and is tied to that account only. Everything will be brand new. Emails, connected accounts, apps downloaded from store etc, backup settings data etc.. You'll have to manually re-download everything and setup as if you just got the device.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-26-2014 04:07 PM
    You won't be able to restore the back up. A new Microsoft accounts gets setup with its own slice of Microsoft's services etc and is tied to that account only. Everything will be brand new. Emails, connected accounts, apps downloaded from store etc, backup settings data etc.. You'll have to manually re-download everything and setup as if you just got the device.
    Exactly my thoughts. So, running backup and factory resetting like the first responder said is wrong.
    Stefan Holder likes this.
    11-26-2014 04:12 PM
    This is why you must always write down or memorize this stuff.
    11-26-2014 04:12 PM
    I have been trying to download an app Photo editor on my Samsung Ativ,
    It keeps asking me for a password. Which up until now it has never asked for. I couldn't remember my original password so I tried to change it, but my email address is an old work one and I want to chance it and get a new password, or open a new account. How do I sort out
    If you are (permanently) logged in on a pc, I think that's the chance you have to change your password.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-26-2014 04:14 PM