How do I change my Microsoft password?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Changing Microsoft password

I have been trying to download an app Photo editor on my Samsung Ativ,
It keeps asking me for a password. Which up until now it has never asked for. I couldn't remember my original password so I tried to change it, but my email address is an old work one and I want to chance it and get a new password, or open a new account. How do I sort out

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Changing Microsoft password

You won't be able to restore the back up. A new Microsoft accounts gets setup with its own slice of Microsoft's services etc and is tied to that account only. Everything will be brand new. Emails, connected accounts, apps downloaded from store etc, backup settings data etc.. You'll have to manually re-download everything and setup as if you just got the device.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

You won't be able to restore the back up. A new Microsoft accounts gets setup with its own slice of Microsoft's services etc and is tied to that account only. Everything will be brand new. Emails, connected accounts, apps downloaded from store etc, backup settings data etc.. You'll have to manually re-download everything and setup as if you just got the device.

Exactly my thoughts. So, running backup and factory resetting like the first responder said is wrong.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

I have been trying to download an app Photo editor on my Samsung Ativ,
It keeps asking me for a password. Which up until now it has never asked for. I couldn't remember my original password so I tried to change it, but my email address is an old work one and I want to chance it and get a new password, or open a new account. How do I sort out

If you are (permanently) logged in on a pc, I think that's the chance you have to change your password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss