I got a HTC One M8 for Windows about a couple weeks ago. Ever since I got it, it restarts about 6-8 times a day randomly. It does it while charging, on battery, but mostly when not in use at all sitting on a table. I thought it might be overheating with the case I got for it, but I took it off and still restarts at the same frequency. I've already done a factory reset, which HTC support recommended I do, and it didn't help. When it restarts, the screen goes black with a white pixel in the top left corner, then goes to the HTC white screen, then Windows screen, then Verizon screen. Any help will be appreciated.
    11-30-2014 09:35 PM
    I would go ahead and get that replaced under warranty.
    You've done what you can with the factory reset, and the fact the reboots didn't stop means there's something wrong (obviously, I know) with the device and it should be replaced. (We don't have the capabilities to muck around under the hood and such.)
    I would go ahead and get that replaced under warranty.
    You've done what you can with the factory reset, and the fact the reboots didn't stop means there's something wrong (obviously, I know) with the device and it should be replaced. (We don't have the capabilities to muck around under the hood and such.)
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    11-30-2014 09:45 PM
    A lot of times such behavior is due to bad contact between the battery and the pins inside the phone that accept the current. In removable battery phones a shim often solves this. Since your phone is sealed battery, xandros9 is correct - return while the warranty is valid.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-01-2014 09:55 AM