Why isn't my Windows Lumia 920 being recognized when plugged into the USB?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

windows lumia 920 USB issues

windows 7,8 etc recently started not to reorganize my phone as a device when plug in a USB. Though the icon display windows phone from explorer but does not display the file content of the phone. Recently I used Lumia Software recovery tool to reset the phone. After the reset/installation everything seem to be okay, I was able to view the content of my lumia 920 when connected to a USB. But after about 30 minutes later
my windows 7 could not reorganize the phone as a device when plugged to USB.

This should be the 3 time am resetting my 920 with Lumia Software recovery tool, the fix by Lumia Software recovery tool seem not to last more than 30 minutes after every installation

sagar_25

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: windows lumia 920 USB issues

Do you know what device manager is? if you know open device manager and delete your mobile driver and reconnect the phone. it may fix the problem.

cyril okoji

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: windows lumia 920 USB issues

I deleted from Device Manager
Portable devices
Windows Phone

Disconnect, restart my phone connect it back still did not display 0 files from explorer
---->Computer\Windows Phone

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question, can you confirm the phone is not password/PIN locked when it isn't functioning?

Agree here, the scenario mentioned by op is similar to a password protected mobile connected without unlocking. After unlocking the phone should show up as a mass storage drive

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon