Camera Question

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I would like to ask if there's a huge camera quality difference between using Nokia Camera or the built-in Camera in my Lumia 1520. I know the Nokia Camera has better customization options, as well as really utilizing the power of PureView, but the built-in Camera opens in an instant, which my friends prefer. I pinned Nokia Camera to my start screen but even I can agonize over the significantly slow startup of it.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I would like to ask if there's a huge camera quality difference between using Nokia Camera or the built-in Camera in my Lumia 1520. I know the Nokia Camera has better customization options, as well as really utilizing the power of PureView, but the built-in Camera opens in an instant, which my friends prefer. I pinned Nokia Camera to my start screen but even I can agonize over the significantly slow startup of it.

Lumia camera(formerly Nokia camera) is always better though if you're a camera nerd and you always want to change settings upon settings, but if you want the features on the built in one why not choose it. You can change camera settings in settings or in the app itself and change the default if you want the Nokia camera app is your default. Another thing, the Nokia camera app shoots RAW, which means higher quality image but also higher file size.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
There shouldn't be much degradation of quality between the different apps. Not noticeably, anyways. However, if you don't use Lumia Camera, you lose the option to reframe later. Only cropping.

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Lumia camera(formerly Nokia camera) is always better though if you're a camera nerd and you always want to change settings upon settings, but if you want the features on the built in one why not choose it. You can change camera settings in settings or in the app itself and change the default if you want the Nokia camera app is your default. Another thing, the Nokia camera app shoots RAW, which means higher quality image but also higher file size.

Thanks! Indeed, Lumia Camera is ways off compared to the built-in version. I am not a camera-centric user (although the 20MP PureView earns me the bragging rights ;), and the RAW format isn't really much of my concern, so... I might just have to jump between the built-in and Lumia Camera. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett